On August 30, 2005 I first wrote up NNVC at 10c a share and have been pounding the table on this stock ever since. Since then, I have highlighted other biotechnology companies with potential, as it is the one sector that I believe is immune from macroeconomic cycles. We all want to live long and healthy lives and will pay almost any price to do so.
Today I am introducing GenVec (GNVC) as another biotechnology opportunity in the making. Here is my highest and best reason to be interested in this stock:
But there are a lot charts that look like this one. What is so special about GNVC?
(1) They are having late-stage (Phase III) success with their lead treatment (TNFerade) for pancreatic cancer, showing a 25% reduction in the risk of death compared to standard care;
(2) Their proprietary technology for vaccine and gene delivery has applications for mulitple therapeutic applications;
(3) GNVC's market cap is only about $180MM and with no debt, seems way undervalued for the therapeutic markets they are addressing;
(4) TNFerade has shown promise in multiple other tumor types including head and neck, esophageal, melanoma and ovarian cancers;
(5) GNVC's management has shown outstanding competence in managing finances, using grant revenue to subsidize much of its research and development to date.
For a more comprehensive analysis of GenVec, here are a few links to more detailed (but just as positive) write-ups:
Merriman Curhan Ford, October 2009
CEO commenting on pending results, January 2010
Roth Capital targeting $4 share price, January 2010
I sent this out to my subscriber list earlier and since the stock seems to be running, wanted to get it out to everyone else. My EW targets are $3 on the Daily chart and $4 on the Weekly chart.