Friday, June 04, 2010

Trend Table - Part II

Yesterday I posted the last 10 stocks from my nightly Trend Table. Today I am posting the first 13 stocks from the same table.



First of all, notice that they are all not winners as perfection is not one of the hallmarks of a successful trading system.  But do note the preponderance of winning trades, which is a distinctive feature of a successful methodology. Also note the colors, blue means Bullish on both Daily and Weekly trends, red means Bearish and black indicates Daily and Weekly trends are mixed.

I excerpted the top 13 stocks because I wanted to include the five original stocks of the subscription service, AAPL, AMZN, BIDU, GOOG and GS.  My initial thought was that it only took a handful of stocks within an effective, systematic trading regimen to make significant returns.  I still believe that and the results from these five stocks are certainly consistent with the hypothesis.

But the Trend Models worked so well across the board I expanded coverage to make the service a little more universal and appealing to potential subscribers.  Along with expansion came more work for me each day after the close and a bit more confusion for first time subscribers.  With a renewal rate of well over 90% each month, I think its working.   

Thank you all for your continued support and confidence in my work.


A

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Allan,

Impressive performance! Do you see a significant performance difference between taking a daily trend signal that is in alignment with the weekly trend signal VS. taking the daily trend signal without the weekly trend being in the same direction?

Eric

A said...

Eric,

All strategies work, Daily on their own, Weekly on their own and Weekly filtered by Daily (or vice versa). The latter leaves a lot of neutral modes, so I suggest mixing up the strategies so there is always trades available.

A

Anonymous said...

I'm your fairly new subscriber and my first trade with you is short SPY, FAS and long TZA with June 19 expirations. I'm still holding all these shorts. Just to understand your system, do I hold on to my position until you post a sell signal? or do I set my sell target and sell no matter what. What's your recommended strategy?

A said...

By now you should know that each and every trend model is updated after the close Monday - Thursday and again on Weekends.

A

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your answer Allan. Have a good weekend!