Thursday, April 27, 2006

Introducing Sally; Insider Buying Alerts

I first mentioned Insider Buying in my Profile to the right of these Blogs, written back in November, 2004. Since then I have mentioned several real time trades based on insider buying and have recommended a number of commercial services that transmit insider buying alerts for a fee. I don't use any of them, relying instead on a software program developed by one of my trading partners that alerts us of newly posted insider buys from the SEC site. These alerts appear on our desktops within seconds of the SEC postings. We've named this program: Sally.

This past weekend we added a new feature to Sally. She now, in addition to the local alerts, can send out emails in real time whenever an I-buy that meets our filtering criteria is posted at the SEC site. Sally can send those alerts to any number of e-mail addresses without much additional effort on our part.

So here is the deal: If you are interested in being on an email list for these alerts, simply send me a private email at SallyInsider@fastmail.fm with "Subscribe" in the Subject line. It's totally free, i.e. I'm not interested in charging a fee or anything like a fee for this. In return, there is no advice or handholding beyond civil discussions about insider-buying in general and you use these Alerts at your own peril. You can use the information, or not use it, as you please. It's information, not stock recommendations, so act accordingly. Expect anywhere from 5 to 25 insider email alerts a day and if you ever want them to stop coming, send an "Unsubscribe" email to that same email address.

Why mess with it? Why offer these emails for free when some services charge as much as $300 a month for similar information? Every once in awhile it feels good to help someone make money in the stock market. A tool like this in the right hands can do just that, used for short-term trading or longer-term investing. And I assure you that offering these emails will not adversely effect my trading, and if it does, it terminates at will; my will, not yours.

If you care to try it for a few days and then withdraw from the mailing list, that's cool too. In other words, try it, you may like it and if you don't, no big deal. We hope to have this service up and running by Monday.

Again, if you are interested, send me a note, Subject, "Subscribe" at SallyInsider@fastmail.fm.

A

8 comments:

A said...

PS: The email addresses will be kept confidential, and not spammed or used for any other purpose. Also, each email is individually sent, so that no one sees anyone else's email address.

A

A said...

PPS: A nice response so far...to everyone who is signing up for the emails, we will send out an acknowledgement to each of you over the weekend along with some additional information. If you don't get an email from us by Sunday evening, sign-up again, something got whacked.

A

Anonymous said...

are the quotes needed>>> "Subscribe"???

A said...

re the quotes needed>>> "Subscribe"???

"Quotes" are optional.

A

Anonymous said...

Hey Allan,

Are you in NNLX? Just read what's on this link. Sounds really promising. Would appreciate your opinion.

http://www.investorshub.com/boards/read_msg.asp?message_id=10863889

Anonymous said...

Hi Allan:
Today, I went through your blog since its inception..a very worthwhile exercise. Could you pl. comment on the software you use for trading/evaluating your system. I think you once mentioned Schwab..what about Trade Station ?.

Yash

A said...

Hi Yash,

I assume you mean my daytrading system. I don't use any specific trading system software as all my trades are based on triggers other then traditional technical analysis considerations. Maybe that's why it works so well. I use trading platforms from Schwab, Cybertrader and Interactive Brokers, along with web browsers and extemely fast email clients....and of course, for I-buys, Sally.

A

Kirk Lindstrom said...

Has Sally been down? I've not seen an email for a few days.
Kirk