Sunday, March 11, 2007

Sunday Night

The Asian markets are not crashing tonight and the Globex American indexes are up a bit, but that's not what I mean by, "Sunday Night."

I used to hate Sunday nights as a kid, the weekend was over and tomorrow started a new school week. Then I went to college and as a first year freshman at the dorm, every meal all week was covered for us, except dinner on Sunday night. Spent a lot of Sunday nights walking alone up and down the streets of Ann Arbor.

A few minutes ago my daughter Sarah called from the Atlanta airport. She was on her way home to Charleston SC from a senior high school trip to Costa Rica. Sarah was so excited to call me and tell me all about her week. I asked her to repeat it all a second time. God, I miss my kids.

Sunday nights continue to stalk me.

I sent a friend a copy of this song by Emmylou Harris yesterday. It is from her Pieces of The Sky Album, circa 1975. I remember listening to it over and over again, on a Sunday night, 30 years ago, when I was 26 and alone:

Before Believing

Winter, summer seasons is taken over, its quiet
Like new fallen snow
I told you summer stories but outside is getting mighty cold
I told you everything I could about me
Told you everything I could

How would you feel if the world was falling apart around you
Pieces of the sky were falling in your neighbors yard
But not on you,
Wouldn't you feel just a little bit funny
Think maybe there's something you oughta do

Solutions, that never lay down before you, the answers are all around
Believing, is all the friend you need to talk to,
Believing, in you
I told you everything I could about me
Told you everything I could

I told you everything I could about me
Told you everything I could


A

2 comments:

chumly said...

Still a good song today.

Anonymous said...

Allan,
from spam email...Nutrione Corp, NNCP.PK but my DD says it has explosive potential. It is a branding, licensing and manufacturing company of fucntional food ingredients for the multibillion milk and milk derived products industry inclusive of pet foods. It has a unique, great tasting and heart healthy milk product.

If you do DD on this, I would be interested in knowing what you find.

Thanks
Venkatesh