Monday, February 13, 2012

Valentines Day - 2012

I grumbled about the holidays so I may as well touch upon Valentines Day while its nigh. What better describes this day, (1) the obnoxious commercialization epitomized by tractor-trailers full of roses in the parking lots of grocery stores, or (2) the asinine competition among grown-up men to see who can send the most flowers to fairest of them all?

Or, maybe its that days like this dangle in our memories and no amount of chocolate or flowers can fill the void where lovers once stood. Looking out into the evening, orange skies dance upon water that flickers into the horizon. Names and faces appear, come together, then fade. Years that live somewhere, now silent and alone.

I once had a girl, or should I say, she once had me.

A


No comments: