Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Low country sunset



I've never forgotten how beautiful a low country sunset can be. (One reason might be that this one is my background screen shot on my iPhone.) There isn't a day that goes by that I am not reminded of the pristine beauty that graces this quiet, hidden place, just waiting to be savored, then nurtured in a memory. Long after these eyes go dark, the infinite beauty of the marshes, shores, the 10,000 year old maritime forest, the egrets and the herons and the majesty of a pounding, exquisite thunderstorm pushing out over the sea and the short time I was a part of its grand scheme, will remain.

Tucked somewhere inside its memory will be the very special time I was here, along with the love shared between us. This will always be my home.

No comments: