Saturday, October 11, 2008

Invincible

                   
I am no longer invincible.
The strength that came by her,
Feeling, touching, loving her
And in a moment, losing her
Gone, gone, gone.

In the vigil left behind
Treading water
Not daring to stop kicking
Not wanting to go on.

Drifting, drowning
In a narrow wake of time
No longer caring
No longer mine.

Hope and dreams
Silhouette
Against the northern sky;
Breathing softly,
Her heart upon me,
Gone, gone, gone.

I am no longer invincible.
Falling melancholy,
Down, down, down.


A

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great or good or kind or fair,
I will ne'er the night despair
If she loves me this belief
I will die er she shall grieve
If she slights me when i woo
I can score and let her go
For if she be not for me
what care I for whom she be

A miserable long trader

(Quintilien)