Friday, July 08, 2011

The Law of TANSTAAFL

Usually its Sunday nights when I end up feeling sorry for myself. Today its Friday.   Things getting better, or worse?  Let's see, is it about the aging thing, or being so far away from my kids, or the guilt associated with the journey I have been on for the past seven years, the lack of a real home, the Red Wings; or is it a girl, again?  Anyone care to guess?


It's the old story of boy meets girl.  Boy falls in love with girl.  Boy loses girl, because, because, because. Boy moves on.  Boy feels sorry for himself.  Time passes. Boy meets girl....... 


Notice, there is no, "boy learns not to touch a hot stove."  


But,  this last one.  She was one red hot burner.  The scars will last because I kept putting my hand on the stove, over and over again.  Just shy of two years worth of burns.  Ouch.


Life isn't about learning.  It's about loving.  And the pain?  It's the law of TANSTAAFL:


There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.




See her how she flies
Golden sails across the sky
Close enough to touch
But careful if you try....


No comments: